2011-12-13

Comparing apples and oranges, statistically speaking.

R vs SPSS

Some time ago I gave a lecture in Nepal Engg. College Kathmandu (Changunarayan), on the use of FOSS in teaching. One of the examples I chose was about R (a FOSS package for statistics). One teacher took the standard and stale stand about "user friendliness" of SPSS with respect to R. The argument, predictably went around in circles. I now have a more profound anser to that person's remarks. Since I do not know his name, I hope he will be reading this blog, and will realise the fallacy of his arguments.

Please take a look at ::
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_statistical_packages

partha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please inform me by email when you make a comment on my blog. Give me your email ID too.

drpartha AT gmail DOT com