2012-03-10

36/2012 An amazing bookshop

My last post 35/2012 spoke about how I found a book on the history of mathematics, at Oxford. I found the book I needed, and I also discovered the greatest bookshop of my life.


This incredible bookshop, with a very unimpressive frontage is a place to visit. The shop inside, is stuffed with books, and books and books. There is an endless maze of stairs and corrridors, leading you to stacks and stacks of books. This would be the ideal place to play hide-and-seek, if you are not desperately looking for books.

As usual I wanted to pick up many books. As usual, I was broke. I had to borrow money from my host, Prof. Bernard Carre. I will never forget this visit and the experience of visiting Blackwell's bookshop in Oxford.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please inform me by email when you make a comment on my blog. Give me your email ID too.

drpartha AT gmail DOT com